Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Doulos

Doulos..

I'm really thankful that I've got the opportunity to finally visit Doulos again!

Can't quite remember when was the last time I stepped into the ship cos I was way younger than I am now. I think I was still in primary school at that time... long time ago.. haha!

So yeah.. 10th July 2006 is a historical date for me. heheh.. visited Doulos together with some church members - Wong bros (Hon Yau & Hon Chien) and the Yong sisters (Ennie & Yennie).

Here are some pics from the Doulos trip (thanks to Hon Yau's new Sony Ericsson):


















Look at all the happy faces.. satisfied with the books they got from Doulos. Definitely worth the trip. Shah Alam was indeed a long drive from Tmn Melawati... all thanks to Hon Yau who was willing to drive us there!

Anyway, I'm kinda impressed with all the volunteers at Doulos. Especially those who travel with the ship... some of them willing to sacrifice 1 or 2 years of their studies or work just to help up with missions, going around the world in the Doulos ship. It's not easy to give up some part of your life to serve... but those volunteers are able to do so. Why? How come they can be so willing?

Well, I guess the joy of serving the Lord is what drives them to do so. The fulfilment in seeing God work in their lives. Each of them have different roles to play on the ship... just like in one body, there're many parts.. not all have the same function. It's such a pleasure to see how with all their different roles and gifts, they're able to worship God by offering their bodies as living sacrifices... working together as one. I hope that we'll some day have the chance to serve God in that way too... or in other ways. But yeah.. I've to admit it won't be easy to be willing to serve Him. Many times, I've found myself unwilling to serve 'cos of various reasons. But then, I forgot what God has done for us all when He sent His only Son, Jesus Christ, to live among us and pay the ultimate price for us at Calvary. God has shown us such unconditional love... why can't I show some gratitude to Him by serving Him? I guess I'll have to constantly ask myself that question.


Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your
bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spritiual act of worship.

Romans 12:1

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thought of joining doulos b4.. but dont think its as easy as we think it is...

gnileno said...

wow, you all look happy & glad :)